The weather is slowly but surely cooling down, and soon you’ll be using either your fireplace or your heating system on a regular basis. If your heater is gas-powered, however, are you sure it’s ready to safely do its job? However minor the risk may be these days, there’s still a possibility that your gas-powered appliances can leak carbon monoxide into the house.
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of the fuel-burning process. In order to vent safely outside, all the components of your heating system and/or fireplace need to be in good working order: the flue pipe, vent pipe, chimney, etc. However, something can go wrong, and it’s important to know how to prevent it.