Did you know that up to 50% of all heating repair calls can be eliminated by scheduling maintenance for your heating system? That may seem like a big number, but it’s no surprise to the technicians here at Rentmeister Total Home Service. We think maintenance is so important that we not only offer an in-depth maintenance plan, but every maintenance appointment involves a checklist of 23 items to be completed as well. It’s recommended that heating maintenance is completed every 12 months, so if it’s time to schedule yours, call us today!
What Happens During a Maintenance Visit?
Here is a general overview of what happens during a routine maintenance appointment with a Rentmeister Total Home Service technician:
- Thorough inspection of entire system
- Cleaning of components
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Safety checks, especially for combustion systems
- Small repairs (worn fan belts, frayed wiring)
- Performance testing
- Check of all electrical components
- Check and testing of burner assembly
So how does maintenance help prevent repair? The key is the thorough inspection of your system. During this inspection, the technician will look for any existing or developing problems. This preventative step allows the technician to take care of small things during the appointment, and make you aware of larger issues before they can become bigger issues. Getting ahead of repairs helps to prevent them, which can also save you money down the road.
Other Benefits of Heating Maintenance
- Better energy efficiency – the cleaning, adjusting and lubrication of the components allows the system to operate optimally
- Better comfort – a worn and dirty system can have a hard time achieving the comfort level you want; when the system is tuned-up, it can perform as needed
- Extends life of equipment – maintenance keeps your systems and its components in good working order, which helps reduce premature aging
Maintenance doesn’t just help prevent repairs; it provides a full system tune-up that can help improve overall performance and increase energy efficiency. Get ahead of winter weather and schedule your heating maintenance in Salt Lake City with your Rentmeister Total Home Service technician today.