Your air conditioning system is a complex piece of equipment that uses many different moving parts to successfully remove heat from your home and exhaust it outside. One of the most common ways that homeowners discover that their air conditioning system is broken is through it starting to making weird noises. If your AC has developed any new noises it likely means that you need to call for air conditioning repair services in Salt Lake City. Give us a call here at Rentmeister Total Home Service if your system is having any problems. Here is a quick explanation of some of the most common sounds that likely mean that you have a problem.
Salt Lake City Air Conditioning Repair FAQ: Problem Sounds
Make sure that you keep an ear out for the following sounds that could indicate that you need to call for Salt Lake City air conditioning repair services.
- Hissing – If you hear any hissing noises coming from your air conditioning system it could be a sign that you have a refrigerant leak somewhere. It could be coming from the evaporator or condenser coils but it could also be a leak near the compressor.
- Squealing – When your air conditioning system starts to make a squealing noise it usually means that the fan motor belt is old and needs to be replaced.
- Rattling – If you hear rattling you could likely stop running your air conditioning system. This could be caused by debris caught in the fan blades. Sticks and twigs can damage your fan blades so make sure that you call for repairs early.
- Gurgling – If your air conditioning system is making a gurgling noise it usually means that you have low refrigerant in your system. The gurgling noise is caused by the air in the lines.
- Buzzing – If you hear a low buzzing coming from your air conditioning system it could be caused by a couple things. If you have a heat pump it might be the reversing valve solenoid but this is usually not a problem. But if your fan motors or the compressor aren’t working and you hear a buzzing noise it could be that the capacitors are bad and the motors are trying to start up without them.
When you need any air conditioning repair services in Salt Lake City, Renmeister Total Home Service is here to help.