Rentmeister Total Home Service Blog: Posts Tagged ‘carbon monoxide’

How to Reduce Your Risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Monday, October 31st, 2016

The weather is slowly but surely cooling down, and soon you’ll be using either your fireplace or your heating system on a regular basis. If your heater is gas-powered, however, are you sure it’s ready to safely do its job? However minor the risk may be these days, there’s still a possibility that your gas-powered appliances can leak carbon monoxide into the house.

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of the fuel-burning process. In order to vent safely outside, all the components of your heating system and/or fireplace need to be in good working order: the flue pipe, vent pipe, chimney, etc. However, something can go wrong, and it’s important to know how to prevent it.

Continue Reading