Here in Salt Lake City, you need a new heating system that will be sturdy and reliable. Often, it is best to replace an older heating system with a similar type. For example, it’s probably best to replace a forced-air heating system with a new furnace or heat pump, while it’s best to replace a radiant heating system with a similar model. But if you’re considering a brand new system for your new home, here are some of your options.
- Furnace: Furnaces are some of the most popular systems available to homeowners, in part because of the relatively low cost of installation and the efficiency of many modern units. Furnaces may generate heat with electrical current or natural gas, and connect to the ductwork in order to distribute warm air.
- Heat Pump: Heat pumps also connect to your ductwork, but this replaces both your heating and air conditioning system. Heat pumps work just like central air conditioners in the summertime, removing heat from the air inside and releasing it outside. However, in the winter, they can actually absorb heat from the outside air in order to release it into your home.
- Hybrid Heating System: Sometimes, it’s too cold outside for your heat pump to absorb heat efficiently or effectively. For this reason, you may choose to install a hybrid heating system, which combines two fuels, gas and electric heating, for maximum energy savings. Most of the time, your heat pump absorbs heat from the outside, but when temperatures drop too low, around 30 degrees, the gas furnace kicks in.
- Geothermal Heat Pump: A geothermal heat pump works much like a regular air-source heat pump except that it pulls heat from the ground instead of the air. The ground remains a constant temperature year round, which makes it a reliable source for heating and cooling.
- Radiant Heating: Finally, radiant systems are some of the most efficient systems out there. These use hot water as a source of heat in order to distribute it evenly throughout the home either via a radiator, baseboard, or with piping underneath the floorboards, for the ultimate in home comfort.
You should always discuss your options with an expert before making any long-term decisions. Professionals can help you to decide which unit is right for you and what fits into your budget. Call the professional technicians at Rentmeister Total Home Service for any questions you have about heating services in Salt Lake City.